Are you a maker, crafter, or artist looking to sell your handmade products on Instagram? Well, look no further! Since Instagram is first and foremost a visual platform, it’s the perfect business avenue to show off your creations to potential buyers.
Instagram is an incredible platform to share your creations, your creative process, and allow people to get a snapshot of your life.
You’ve mastered the art of creating beautiful handmade products. But, you’re not sure where to start? Keep reading to find out how you can use Instagram to create a real business by building a following and ultimately selling your products.
Create Relevant, Engaging Content
If you want to grow your business, you’ll need to make sure your posts matter to your audience. You need 2 things to make this happen: relevancy and beauty.
If you want to be relevant to your audience, you need to understand them. Your visuals and words should speak right to them. Ask yourself, “Who do I want to click on my post?”
If you want to ensure your posts are beautiful, it won’t just happen automatically. You need to put in some effort. Take your time and align your image to gridlines, use great lighting, and give some thought to the colors, visuals, and props you use.
What should you post?
Everything: Images, videos, stories, etc.
Mix it up. People will consume different media.
When creating an Instagram shop, you don’t want to be overly salesy. Even though it’s important to give your audience a call to action to buy your products, you need to focus first on giving value to your audience.
You should split your posts into 3 categories:
- Branded content: posts that reflect the story behind your products. Some examples include work in progress, your workspace or desk, making-mode scenes, giveaways, the finished product.
- Sales content: product catalogues, customer reviews/testimonials, promotional offers, shop announcements
- Personal content: This is where you post about you – kind of like your personal Instagram that helps you connect with your audience since people want to buy from people. You can post inspirational quotes, places or things that inspire you, reposts from people you admire, tips, and life hacks.
One of the best ways you can do to reach your audience: find the hashtags your audience uses and start using them. You’ll ensure you stay in front of your ideal audience, making it easy for your customers to find you.
And one more thing…
Instagram is a 2-way street. It’s not just about posting something. It’s about engagement. Talk to your audience. Follow them. Encourage people to like and comment. Reply to their comments. Creating a real business begins with cultivating relationships with your audience.
Looking for high-quality modern fabric for your next project? Click here!
Connect with Me
If you appreciate my designs, please buy me a small coffee.
- 4 Simple Tips to Know If It’s Time to Rebrand
- How to Use Instagram to Sell Your Handmade Products
- How Color Theory Affects the Products That You Sell