How to Print and Cut with Silhouette Cameo
Learning how to print and cut with your silhouette cameo is so much fun you won’t be able to stop once you know how! Trust me! Have you ever wanted to save time by simply printing out a design, then having your silhouette cameo do the work to cut around the borders perfectly? Once you learn how to print, trace and cut on your silhouette cameo you won’t be able to stop! It’s so much fun, and the crafting possibilities just explode.
- Drop a PNG file into the Silhouette Studio artboard.
- Go to View > Registration Marks.
- In the Registration Marks palette, click the first drop-down menu, Style, to select Type 1 – Cameo Portrait.
- Now you will see the registration marks that the laser will scan to see where your design is on the page. (If you are working in a dark room, you may need to turn on a light so that the laser can scan the registration marks better.
- Make sure that your design fits within the red outline. (The red outline will not be cut.)
- Next, go to the Trace palette (It looks like an outlined butterfly.)
- Click Select Trace Area, then grab your cursor over everything you want to be traced.
- Turn the Threshold up all the way to 100 to select the entire design.
- Then click Trace Outer Edge.
- Now a red line is around the outside of your image.
Offset Your Cut Line
- If you would like to make a small outline around your image, select the Offset palette. (It looks like a star with an outline.)
- Now click on your image, the PNG file, not your cut line, and slide it out of the way.
- Select your red cutline, and click Offset.
- Now, adjust how much you want the offset to be with the Distance slider, or use the arrows. (Make sure the offsets don’t connect if you don’t want them too.)
- Next, select the original inner cutline, and delete it.
- Finally, slide your PNG image back over and centered in your cutline.
- Now you are ready to send to print! Hurray!
I’d love to see what you make! Leave a comment below or post your project to my Print My Party Facebook group!
Download My Fall Clip Art Images
In an effort to boost some blog traffic, I’m happy to share with you the my files I designed that I used on this card. Practice makes perfect right! Feel free to download apply how we just learned how to print and cut with a silhouette cameo.
Let me know in the comments how well it worked for you.
Want More Creativity?
Subscribe to my Print My Party email newsletter to get free cut files, videos, products, discounts and just to know what’s up!